Anytime egg casserole by Edina
You can make this any time using whatever you have in the fridge. I always have eggs and hash brown potatoes, so that’s the base. I just add the veggies. It’s never the same and it’s never boring. I make it in advance these days and we eat it after a few days. Still good.
Ingredients
3 slices of bacon (could be more, you can also add diced ham)
¼ medium onion chopped (~1/2 cup )
2 chopped red peppers (could be anything else: zuccini, green bell peppers, mushroom, whatever you have at home)
½ package frozen spinach, thawed ( I squeeze the water out of the spinach)
1 can wax beans ( can be anything else. I use yellow beans because my husband thinks he doesn’t like green beans, and the yellow beans are milder in taste)
5 eggs
1/2 cup milk
4 cups package frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed (~1/2 package)
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese ( I used extra sharp)
2 gloves of garlic
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
Directions
1.In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. In same skillet, saute the onion and green pepper in drippings until tender; remove with a slotted spoon.
2.In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and milk. Stir in hash browns, cheese, salt, and pepper.
3.Mix the veggie mixture together and the eggs mixture together.
4.Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 35-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It needs only 30 Minutes. I forget the change it. And serve it hot. At our potluck it was cold. Not so good that way.
ReplyDeleteEdina